Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Lightning striking the same place twice!

Something happened today that has only occured one other time this summer and I swore it was going to be just about as frequent as Haleys Comet...I was in the first group to arrive at the host site!!!! Now I can't take all (or pretty much any) of the credit - I owe this great accomplishment to Sam and Kyle Gamsby for dragging my sorry tail all the way from lunch to the host through some pretty EXTREME winds! It does however take SOME skill to be able to stay in a paceline with these fast boys, even if they are pulling for 98% of the time :) THANK YOU GUYS I love you!!!

Today we finished day 7 of 11 straight ride days and everyone is starting to feel it. We're all starting to get pretty sore and will be happy to have some time off the saddle in the next few days. My butt is NOT happy with me to say the very least. However, we're all SUPER excited for Glacier National Park and the Highway to the Sun - it's going to be incredible! It's even more exciting now that we can start to see mountains in the distance (no offence Montana, but you've been pretty boring thus far).

The other day we rode into Glassgow, MT and went to a full on real life RODEO! It was SOOOO much fun! We all walked to the fair grounds (which pretty closely resembled the rock county 4-H fair grounds in the ville!) and took a seat in the grand stand. We then enjoyed lots of hooting and hollering, a clown, SEVERAL very upset horses, bucking cowboys, great drinks/food, cowboy boots, hats and BIG belt buckles on spectators of all ages, a botched National Anthem, some pretty ridiculously inappropriate right winged jokes and even a cattle wrestling contest! It finally felt like we were in Montana! :) We all had so much fun and weren't the least bit upset to run back "home" in the rain after the festivities. It was defintely a B+B life moment and I'm soooo glad we went! I can't wait for our next crazy adventure!!!

1 comment: