Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doin' the Northern...and it feels so good

I cannot BELIEVE how much has happened in the past two days!!! I LOVE every single person in my group so much, they are all amazing people and I'm so excited to spend the ENTIRE summer biking, sleeping, eating and building with them 24/7 :) Here's a quick overview of my last few days!

Patrick, Ali, Tori and I drove to New Hampshire (without stopping for sleep) and it was amazing! We all have way too much fun together, and I love them SO MUCH! THANK YOUU THANK YOU! Francie and Scott Osgood generously opened their home to us for the weekend and even let us participate in their son's birthday party on Saturday (SOOOO much fun!!) We met up with Sarah Hamilton, my dear friend and fellow NUSer, and all spent the day in Boston together on Friday. On Saturday night, I had to say goodbye to Ali, Patrick and Tori (waterworks soon to follow) so that I could be in Boston early Sunday morning to see Max and the rest of the B2SBers dip their tires in the Atlantic! It was the most amazing wonderful miraculous experience EVER and made me SO SO SO excited to do it myself! Sarah and I met up with our group on Sunday afternoon and we have been with them ever since! I don't know how many times throughout this blog I will say - THESE ARE THE MOST AMAZING PEOPLE EVER! We all clicked immediately and two days later I find myself already thinking of these people as friendships that will last a lifetime.

Today we had our first build day (Portsmouth, NH) and it was fantastic! I can't explain how great it feels to know you're helping provide a home to a family in need. And to make it all the more better - for the first time in B&B history the NUS'10 route got to MEET one of the families that Habitat is giving a home to. Not only that...we got to be there when Habitat ANNOUNCED that they were getting the house!!! Needless to say we were all crying instantaneously, family and riders alike :)

Tomorrow we dip our tires into the Atlantic and start our first ride as a group :) :) :) 60 some miles and we are all SO READY TO DO IT! I cannot wait!! As I sit here in the Holy Trinity Church in NH, I'm surrounded by all my new groupmates playing soccer (inside a church? yes), chatting, dancing (obviously), singing, trying to sleep (good joke) and laughing. Anyone that knows me well can imagine how hard it is for me to sit here on a computer and miss out even for a brief 10 minutes (I'm typing very very very fast!) I LOVE IT HERE SO MUCH and Bike and Build is absolutely without a doubt the most fantastic organization I have ever heard of/been a part of. I promise my next blog I will be much less spastic and will describe our first ride in FULL detail :)

RIght now, Michael Kraft would really like to use the computer so I am FINISHING this blog...I'll write sooonnnn!!! Miss you all!!

PS: Next time I will explain what "doing the northern" really is AND a little thing we like to call Donation Magic :) :)

<3 KaTE

No comments:

Post a Comment