Saturday, June 26, 2010

Getting dirty

Last night was so much fun! All of us headed to the bar after a fantastic dinner and had a couple drinks together to celebrate our late curfew (the night before build days we can stay out until 1:00am). I've noticed its always a production when B&B goes to the bar. I think we cover over 20 states all together and the poor waitresses always have to look up what each states drivers licenses looks like to make sure we're not underage...it's pretty funny :) It also doesn't help that Sarah and I (both being from WI) have different IDs and they generally assume I'm the one trying to pull a fast one. There was live music and we all got out on the dance floor together...it was chaos!! We did "the northern" a couple of times and danced until we couldn't dance anymore! The more I get to know each individual in my group, the more I love all of them. It's awesome!

Today was a build day in Lebonon and I was put into a group that was sent to a house that Habitat is building. Turns out it was actually a duplex that is almost completely finished and a family has already moved into one side. We were there to do landscaping. We moved ten tons (yes that was ten TONS) of dirt to the back yard of the duplex, spread it all evenly, flattened it, and laid grass seed. It was a lot of hard work, but it was really fun to have the family there while we were working! They even cooked us cheeseburgers and hot dogs for lunch. Now, I'm all showered up and I'm planning on going to the bar in town to watch the USA world cup game!! I'm really nervous for tomorrows ride because it's completely uphill and is supposed to be one of the hardest of the trip...so I'll be drinking a LOT of water today and trying to get a good night sleep. I'll let everyone know how it goes! WISH US LUCKK!!

<3 Kate

3 comments:

  1. Kate, best wishes on your adventure. What a life-changing event! We're very happy for you and look forward to reading about it.

    Keep up the Kate Terry positive energy!

    Brian & Jess

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree! I love the Kate Terry positive energy. "If you can dream it, you can do it!"- from the worlds of Walt Disney :) Love ya girl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You go Kate Anne!
    Love, Coach Sonka

    ReplyDelete